Free transactional intellectual property counsel at Penn Law! The Detkin Intellectual Property and Technology Legal Clinic is accepting clients for the new semester.
The clinic is a “teaching law-firm” where Penn Law students represents clients without charge under the supervision of faculty practitioners.
The clinic can:
- Audit technology, innovation or artistic creation for IP issues;
- Help clients create and implement an IP protection strategy;
- Counsel over privacy and data protection concerns;
- Reduce risk of IP infringement through strategic IP planning;
- Negotiate licenses and other deal documents;
- Draft privacy policies, NDAs and other agreements;
- Analyze fair use of copyrighted content;
- Execute preliminary prior art and freedom to operate searches;
- Aid in patent prosecution;
- Advise on trademark strategy and search potential marks;
- Register for federal copyright protection;
- Prosecute federal trademark applications.
Who is a potential client? Inventors, scientists, entrepreneurs, artists, nonprofits…any individual or entity with IP needs.
Potential clients may apply to the Clinic by submitting an online application. Client selection will occur in late August, 2019.